· Biking Links- Wicked Cycles
· Like us on Facebook
· Twitter
View Thread
Blazing Saddles Mountain Bike Club » The one place to post » MTB forum
 Print Thread
Thursday 14th June
BOFFER
Ride discussed but not agreed as yet. Options were weets with the new descent / route off the top or worsthorne pipe. Any ride for me. Discuss.

sgt bilko
Not out this week guys, late night opening, so have a good one...bikewhz

Might be able to roadie to the pub though..drinkbeer

Riley
Iím out weets suits me

BOFFER
New member joined Adam called Colin. Lives on your street so ideal if he is out as well.

peter ritchie
Yep I'll be out for this

Clarky
weets it is, I'm on it!

BOFFER
Weets it is then.
7.00 at white bear barrowford or 7.20pm at the bottom of ball house lane in colne or 7.30 pm at the top of ball house lane in colne.
See you there.
Pub can be anchor at salterforth or foulridge club or both.

Clarky
yes, and there may be some breaking news about a certain members bike situation...

Milney
Am out n cool with Weets bikeer

Clarky
back for more eh col! good on ya

Milney
LOL.... Bruises just going

Stevie G
Yes, bike update. New bike purchased but yet to take delivery.

So planning on meeting you at the Anchor or Foulridge club, on the now single speed Stumpy.
bikewhz

I fully expect it to be pi$$ing it down.
Calm Down

BOFFER
There is life in that stumpy yet Stevie and I would be somewhat shocked, dismayed even, if the stumpys new home was soon to become in onionville, AKA, Bilko towers. From there I would expect to see either the stumpy stripped for spares to assist other stumpys live a long and prosperous life OR maybe even the old stumpy will have a new back end grafted on to her and go on to see many more Thursdays , albeit with a new jockey at the helm. Why replace with new parts when 2nd hand can be used, the mantra of a true club icon. I suspect the Stevie Gee stumpys life is not yet over, as long as sarge is breathing, it will have a good life ahead of it. Servicing is a dirty word and not to be used in jest.

sgt bilko
licky mmm haven't got a red one..

Clarky
brilliant news stevie, I've checked the forecast and theres no rain tonight. the vultures are circling around the corpse of the stuntjumper! see you tonight fella

Stevie G
Boffer youíve too much time on your hands.

And Iíve seen the way those bikes are treated at Bilko Towers, thereís no way my Stumpy is going there.
Calm Down

Clarky
bilko towers is the graveyard of bikes, a few of mine have gone that way, its not good!

Riley
Not out now bike has had to go to the shop wonít be ready till Saturday.

Stu
Will see you all at bottom of Gisburn old Rd 7:30 ish

Downhill Daz
Weets? Brilliant. Have I been looking forward all week to a 2 mile tarmac climb? Clarky, when you retiring from the club?
I'll be at bottom of ball bag about 7.20.

Stevie, we knew you could do it. Well done fella!! Let your old bike do a couple of weeks test at Onionville. You never know, it might quite like the feeling of slugs crawling all over its chasis!!!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

22-09-2018 11:46
Check the bike challenge today down at Burke track. See new thread for info.

14-07-2018 14:04
Anyone up for a ride tomorrow (sunday)?

06-04-2018 08:44
Daz. Let me know when youíve decided what ride weíre doing next week. Try and make it before 3.30 Thursday.

03-04-2018 08:39
Hiya Del. Sorry. Even missed this myself. Easter hols etc. Plus No-one uses the shoutbox. Ill start a new thread.

29-03-2018 12:25
Hi lads I'm derek moved to colne couple years ago and noticed your web site . Would be interested in joining you for a ride . Derek

11,906,898 unique visits